Born Tiwatope Savage on February 5, 1980, the beautiful singer continues to grace the world with great hits back to back. Her amazing vocals and distinct sound stand her out as one Nigeria’s finest, and we are super excited to see what the Mavin leading lady has in store for us in 2016.
Check out some of our favourite songs from the talented crooner:
1. Love Me, Love Me, Love Me: Anthem status! We fell head over heels in love with Tiwa because of this song, video included. It was everywhere at a point if you remember, and yet, never gets old even years after its debut.
2. Ife Wa Gbono (featuring Leo Wonder): We added this song to our list of favourite love songs and for good reason. Tiwa showed off a softer and more innocent side of herself in this song. We may have also shed a tear or two after watching the video.
3. Standing Ovation (featuring Olamide): Tiwa’s latest single is one of those songs you can’t help but dance like a maniac to; it’s a club banger to say the least. It is great to see the new wife and mum hasn’t lost her cool factor one bit.
4. Kele Kele Love: Tiwa undeniably got our attention when this song first hit the scene. There were hardly any music videos like it back then, proving her status as an innovator and all-time superstar.
5. Eminado (featuring Don Jazzy): Is there anyone who doesn’t like this song? And if there is, why? This song is a hit, plain and simple.